Saturday, September 29, 2012

We Felt Infinite Part 2

September 28, 2012      

          The awarding ceremony begins at 1:00 pm up to 5:00 pm, we also have a seminar conducted by the GMA News TV for their 'Learniversity' program. I don't want to throw away the opportunity to learn more about the "real world" of broadcasting when the speaker is one of the prime broadcasters in the country, Ms. Kara David. On our college, various entries from of silent films from all junior broadcasting students are being watched in our college's lobby. Updates are just given to me by my friends who didn't attend the seminar.

          When the seminar ended, my friends and I rushed back to our college to join the festivity. Our entry was the last to be watched. Good thing we arrived before our film was played. Then it began, our entry was being played. I felt uneasy sitting there watching it. There is like something inside me that wants to come out. At the end the people clapped and our team cheered. What annoys me is this girl who won't stop talking and bashing our film. She kept on asking questions but she's not even watching. Seriously? Watch so you won't ask!

           Then, the moment of truth, the awarding of the entries of this year's 'Sshh... Silent Short Film Festival.' At this point I became more uneasy. My team and friends kept on shouting the title of our film. I even told them that if we don't get an award we would definitely be speechless. Speechless because we were too noisy at that time that if we don't get an award we will feel little. When the head of FILAC started awarding, all were quiet. The first award to be given was 'The Best Screenplay,' it was a tie between III-1D and our section's other entry "Walley." I am so happy because they belong to same class as I am. The second award was 'Best Cinematography.' "The Best Cinematography goes to..." "BBrC III-2, JIGSAW!" I landed on my feet, started jumping and screaming. It was epic! I received the award because I thought it will be the only award we'll get.






But then, we took home 7 major awards including:


Best Picture
Best Cinematography
Best Sound
Best Editing
Best Production Design
Best Poster
Best Director







         





           The most special award given to me that night was Best Director and Best Picture! The moment was epic! I swear, the feeling was indescribable, when you are standing there in front of the crowd with your team cheering, holding those precious awards, smiles on their faces, and that very moment when everything is priceless. I didn't even care what I look like all that matters is that precise moment. God has blessed us so much. Best Actor and Best Actress were awarded to my classmates from the other prod team. It was definitely our section's night! The only award that our section didn't get? People's Choice Award. But that's OK, what's People's Choice Award compared to all major awards right?

         






To God be the glory for all the great things He has done!



"... And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."
-Charlie, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky


No comments:

Post a Comment