Sunday, August 26, 2012

Am I a Moon?

          My personality depends on the people I'm with and where I'm at. I don't want anyone to think that I'm fake. There's just a side of me that I don't want everyone to see. That's why I act different to certain people or group. It's hard trying to keep my emotions and actions because I don't want to be judged.

          I am more active and comfortable when I'm with my friends. There are things I can't hide from them because friends don't judge and they accept you. I won't be friends with them the first place if they don't. With them, I have the liberty to do stupid and awkward things. I don't usually take everything seriously when I'm with them that's why I think my friends don't see how sincere and caring I am.

          There's not much of a difference with my friends and family. It's just that, when I'm with my family, I act more refined. Sometimes there are parts of me that I need to leave behind before I enter the door and be with them. It's not that I'm not close with them or not open about my feelings. I just feel guarded. There's a need for me to study my words and actions.

          At church is where I don't feel 'me.' I'm not really close with my church mates even the ones with the same age range. This is the place where I'm trying hard to fit in. Yes, I talk to them, shake hands with them but I just don't feel it. Sometimes I have this urge to talk to them but I can't. Maybe it's because I'm intimidated. I think they may refer to me as an introvert. Sure, but not at home and not in school. I'm different.

          When I act weird or funny, it's because I'm comfortable with the person. I only engage in small talks maybe because I just don't feel it or I'm just shy. There's always a part of my personality that is not visible. When we look at a person we don't see his or her complete picture. Because a person is like the moon, there's always a part of the moon that he won't let others see.


-L.A   

1 comment: