Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Date with Sissy

This post should have been published weeks ago. I just don't have the time. 


August 31, 2012

                It’s the last day of the month and I’m really looking forward to September. Before this month ends, my friends and I are going out. Mariel, Vino, Efra and I are going to meet our dear friend Sissy. We met Sissy few months ago in work. We really enjoyed Sissy’s company. She’s like a big sister to us. And I’m really excited to see her after months of not seeing each other.

Mariel and Sissy



                We are actually going to meet her at SM Mall of Asia. We decided to ride the train; it’s not only fast but also cheap. We left Sta. Mesa around 1:20 and arrived in MOA around 2:00. I told you its fast.

                We were kind of early, I think, because Sissy came 30 minutes after. We had our lunch at Congo Grille and just shared stories. I love that feeling when you met someone after a long time and you just kept on updating each other about what happened to your lives. I think we talked for like an hour or two. I’m not sure. We decided to take a walk and go to Seaside Boulevard. MOA has changed a lot from the last time I went here.

Vino, Me and Ef


The seaside looked like a small amusement park. It’s great, actually. The weather is totally fine, it’s not and definitely not raining. It’s just right. Our group date is perfectly timed. We wanted to try the MOA Eye (MOA’s Ferris wheel) but it’s kind of pricy. 175php is too much for a 1 cycle ride. But we saw another ride, I forgot the name but it resembles ‘Anchor’s Way’ and ‘Viking’. The ride costs 100php for a 10 minute ride. I think it’s reasonable and it doesn’t matter if you’re only five riding. If you’re ready, they’re ready. They won’t wait for other riders, which is kind of cool because you can own the ride! Sissy paid the half amount of our ride. While waiting on our turn we watched four people riding. It’s funny! They’re controlling their emotions trying hard not to look stupid. But it actually makes you look stupid. My friends and I decide to let loose and enjoy the moment and the ride.



Sunset at Seaside Boulevard
Behind us is the MOA Eye
Kinda windy. Us before getting in the ride.



Forgot the name, but it resembles Anchor's Away and Viking.


It’s my first time to ride again for a long time. I must say, I totally enjoyed this one. It was a great stress reliever. It’s the best way to unwind after doing so much school works and thinking a lot.

We were all dizzy after the ride and even have to share two pieces of candy. We rested for a while and took pictures while waiting for Sissy’s husband- Sir JV.  He was our trainer at work last summer. He was with their children too- Issa and Caleb.

It’s a little awkward for me when Sir. JV came. But I’m with my friends so I still felt okay. For dinner we ate at Aling Tonyang’s. In this resto, you buy seafood or other meat from a nearby wet market and they’ll cook this for you. I don’t eat seafood. I mean, there are a lot of rules when it comes to food to eat. But I do eat fish, but not all kinds of fish. Anyway I ate Tilapia this time. LOL! And they ate buttered crabs, shrimp tempura and squid. They even tried tempting me, but I won’t fall for it. It’s been like 8 or 9 years so I’m kind of used to it. Actually, Sissy is allergic to seafood. But she really loves it. She loves breaking her own rules I must say.

It’s getting late and their kids are quite sleepy so we started saying our goodbyes and parted ways. Sissy and Sir JV were very generous so I really want to thank them. This has been a great day for all of us and I’m very grateful for the experience.

          -L.A

No comments:

Post a Comment