Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Thousand Piece of a Panda

          The past few days my friends and I were shooting a silent film. One of the props that we used is a bag of jigsaw puzzles, one thousand to be exact, when completed turns out to be a panda. At home, we actually completed a 500 and 750 piece of puzzle many years back. When I was trying to look for the completed jigsaw puzzles, mom told me that she has already thrown it. Seriously? It's quite frustrating that those jigsaw puzzles, which took weeks to be completed, were put in a waste. Anyway, I'm in a project to complete a thousand piece of jigsaw puzzle.

So this is what it should look like

It looks creepY here, I tried to separate it by color to make the work easier.






          I am not a patient person. Also, I hate waiting. I'm actually having double thoughts whether to start this or not because it might get me frustrated. I'm just going to do this on my free time, so if I get frustrated I'll just sleep. Who knows? Maybe I'll overcome being impatient.

You can see here that the edges are done


         So last night I started doing the edges which took me 1 or 2 hours before it's done. Today I tried to slowly fill it up but it's really hard. I asked help fROm my brother and we're not even done by up to 7-10%. A thousand piece of jigsaw puzzle is really mind blowing. I'm also doing this on the floor because it takes a lot of space. I'm planning to do this on a Styrofoam but I don't have yet. This is also not the type of jigsaw puzzles that comes with a guide, the cardboard thing where you put the piece.

          So far I'm enjoying and I wish to finish this around the third or fourth week of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment