Monday, July 30, 2012

The weird feeling of being Alone

          On weekdays, I usually stay on a condo near school. I actually live there with three other people: A call center agent, a new friend that I barely see because she's usually not there, and a friend way back in high school. Even though there are four of us, sometimes I do feel alone. On my part, sometimes I really need to go home when there are some important things I need to do. But when it's them that need to go home, I'm the one who's alone. There's really no issue for me when I'm left behind. I'm kind of used to it. But, I'd rather have someone to talk to or just for me to not feel alone.

          When I'm alone, suddenly the studio-type condo becomes quiet and I feel the time standing still. Every little thing I notice and hear. Sometimes I feel uneasy but I don't mind. I keep on imagining things and trying to remember memories. Then it's either the TV or the book that I'm reading becomes my best friend. I also don't want to talk when I'm alone, because sometimes I do, it's pointless. No one could hear and nobody cares. That's why I don't like being alone because all of a sudden I feel lonely.

          The good thing when I'm alone is that I have the liberty to do all the things that I want. The peace and silence that I'm looking for when I am with someone is everywhere. I can concentrate on the things that I wanted to do. It's more fun to read, write and listen to music when I'm alone. I experience these things in this room better when I'm off alone.

          Some people likes to be alone, some people don't. For me, being alone depends on the moment and just living in that moment. But it's this weird feeling I get when I'm alone. You see, when I'm alone, I feel that someone is staring at me.

                                                                                                                                                           -L.A

No comments:

Post a Comment