Thursday, November 29, 2012

Going to Church Won't Make You a Christian


I sat quietly on one of the pews of our Church, trying hard to understand the sermon that struck me the most. The pastor illustrates that standing on a bench won’t make you a bench. Likewise, going to church won’t make you a Christian.
I also remember a colleague saying that going to church is religion, because you “religiously” do this once, twice or thrice a week. What’s important though is having an intimate relationship with God.
So what makes a church-goer a Christian?
What the Pastor said is that when a person can’t get enough of the love of Christ. You hear Christ when he speaks, you see Christ in his actions and when the likeness of Christ is in him.
For me I think it’s true that it’s not enough to profess you’re a Christian by just believing in Christ/God. Supposedly, it’s how people see the light of Christ in you.
I would be a hypocrite if I say that I embody Christ’s image in me. But it’s something that we should look forward in our daily lives. I’m really trying hard to do and be good every day. Every day is a constant battle of choosing what’s right and what’s wrong.
Each day should be an opportunity to get closer to God and know more about his amazing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment